JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Federal Work Study - Department of Human Resources (Fall 2022 - Spring 2023)
Job no: 495166
Work type: Federal Work Study
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Categories: Student Employment
The duties of the Federal Work Study Student Assistant are to obtain work experience on campus in offices, labs, gym, the library, and other areas. Eligibility is dependent of the individual student's financial aid. If unsure of eligibility, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.
- Promptly answer phones and accurately route calls
- Greet guests in a pleasant, professional manner
- Review new hire paperwork with new hires; review completed new hire paperwork for accuracy and copy all supporting documents.
- Scan individual documents as well as complete personnel files
- File documents and personnel folders
- Create labels using label maker
- Prepare New Employee Orientation packets
- Fax a variety of documents upon request; distribute faxes received
- Retrieve current and previous personnel records as requested
- Organize personnel files chronologically
- Open, time stamp, and correctly distribute mail
- Maintain an organized, clean front desk and reception area
- Applicants must be enrolled as a JSU student taking at least six (3) hours per fall or spring semester. (Requirements for international students below.*)
- If not a first time student, applicant must have a GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Selected applicants must provide evidence of student enrollment and GPA (unofficial transcript or printout of enrollment/GPA from MyJSU.
- Must be eligible for Federal Work Study.
Notice Regarding International Students:
- All International Students must receive clearance for employment from the International House and Programs.
- Due to Visa requirements international students must be enrolled as a full-time JSU student and possess each of the following:
- Passport from their respective country.
- F-1 Student Visa or J-1 Exchange Student Visa.
- U.S. Customs Form I-94.
- Official photo identification.
- Official Social Security Card imprinted with “Valid for Work Only” or similar statement.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction