JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Federal Work Study - Honors Program (Spring 2022)
Job no: 495286
Work type: Federal Work Study
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Categories: Student Employment
$7.25 per hour
- maximum of 20 hours per week (max hours per week determined by Financial Aid)
Normal Work Schedule:
Varies - depending on the availability of the Federal Student Worker
The duties of the Federal Work Study Student is to obtain work experience on campus in offices, labs, gym, the library, and other areas. Duties may include assisting staff and faculty with preparation for research, classroom instruction, departmental operational needs, or performing administrative and other support duties as required. Positions may be filled based on individual applicants’ skills, qualification and departmental needs.
- Must be enrolled as a JSU student
- May not be a dual-enrollment student
- Must be eligible for Federal Work Study (verified through Financial Aid)
- Must meet the minimum credit hour requirements of the specific student employment program
- Selected applicants must provide evidence of student enrollment and GPA (unofficial transcript or printout of enrollment/GPA from MyJSU.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Notice Regarding International Students:
- Passport from their respective country.
- F-1 Student Visa or J-1 Exchange Student Visa.
- U.S. Customs Form I-94.
- Official photo identification.
- Official Social Security Card imprinted with “Valid for Work Only” or similar statement.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts or proof of enrollment
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction