JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
University Student Assistant - Technology Support (Summer 2022)
Job no: 495628
Work type: University Student Assistant
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Categories: Student Employment
Technology Support Center
$7.25 per hour
- maximum of 26 hours per week
Normal Work Schedule:
The duties of the University Student Aid is to obtain work experience on campus in offices, labs, gym, the library, and other areas. Duties may include assisting staff and faculty with technology needs, departmental operational needs, or performing administrative and other support duties as required. Positions may be filled based on individual applicants’ skills, qualification and departmental needs.
1. Supports TSC staff on assigned tasks, which may include answering phone calls, creating support tickets, and troubleshooting support issues.
2. Receives assignments orally or in writing.
3. Reads documents written in English.
4. Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be enrolled as a JSU student
- May not be a dual-enrollment student
- Must meet the minimum credit hour requirements of the specific student employment program
- Selected applicants must provide evidence of student enrollment and GPA (unofficial transcript or printout of enrollment/GPA from MyJSU.
- If not a first time student, applicant must have a GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Notice Regarding International Students:
- All International Students must receive clearance for employment from the International House and Programs.
- Due to Visa requirements international students must be enrolled as a full-time JSU student and possess each of the following:
- Passport from their respective country.
- F-1 Student Visa or J-1 Exchange Student Visa.
- U.S. Customs Form I-94.
- Official photo identification.
- Official Social Security Card imprinted with “Valid for Work Only” or similar statement.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts or proof of enrollment
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction