The College of Education and Professional Studies at Jacksonville State University invites applications for the position of Department Head – Curriculum and Instruction. The Department of Curriculum and Instruction includes the following Programs:
Special Education, BSE and MSE
Early Childhood Education, BSE and MSE
Elementary Education, BSE and MSE
Early Childhood Special Education, MSE
Reading Specialist, (P-12) MSE
The Department Head will be expected to bring effective and efficient operation to the department, and support the overall success of its faculty, staff, and students. Serving as the chief academic officer for the department, the Department Head will manage daily and long-range academic, programmatic, managerial, and fiscal responsibilities. He/She will also work with the Dean in developing and advancing the vision, mission, and goals for the college, as well as the campus-based childcare development center. This is a full-time, 12-month, benefit-eligible, administrative position with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2022.
- An earned doctoral degree
- A minimum of one (1) year administrative experience such as department head, assistant department, director, assistant director, program leader/coordinator, or similar responsibility
- The successful candidate will also have accomplishments sufficient to meet requirements of the rank of Associate Professor or Professor at JSU in teaching, service, and scholarly publications.
- Experience in developing and maintaining partnerships with P-12 schools and childcare centers.
- History of obtaining and managing external funding.
- Success with diverse student and faculty/staff recruitment initiatives.
- Experience teaching and supporting research in doctoral-level programs.
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.