JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Administrative Assistant, Athletics Department
Job no: 495741
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Requested Start Date:
June 20, 2022
Normal Work Schedule:
8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday
The Administrative Assistant within the Athletic Dept. is responsible for all administrative and receptionist functions and works collaboratively with the Administration and staff within the Athletic Department by supporting the services and programs provided. This position generates a variety of contracts; manages student workers; schedules appointments and meetings; and assists in the ticket office when needed and provides support in maintaining finance and accounting transactions relative to the Athletic Department’s annual budget.
Employment in this position is contingent upon compliance with the rules and regulations of the University, the NCAA and Conference affiliation.
- Provides general administrative support to the Athletic Director, Senior Associate Athletic Director, and all Head Coaches.
- Serves as office receptionist; receives, screens, and routes visitors and telephone calls to appropriate personnel.
- Responds to routine inquiries and disseminates information about the services offered by athletic departments.
- Schedules both internal and external appointments of the Director of Athletics, Senior Associate Athletic Director, and all Head Coaches.
- Provides administrative support to the office, assuming a variety of administrative detail, such as coordinating meetings, preparing meeting agendas, composing routine correspondence, maintaining supervisor’s calendar, preparing travel requisitions, and equipment service requests or work orders.
- May be required to take technical, confidential, and relatively fast dictation such as verbatim notes at meetings or conferences and transcribe notes.
- Prepares travel arrangements for the Director of Athletics, and initiatives travel reimbursements as outline in university procedures.
- Processes requests for keys, meals, petty cash, and checks.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining maintenance of equipment and associated contracts, inventory of office supplies, materials, including letterhead and envelopes, business cards, brochures.
- Assists with the compilation and coordination of data for reports utilizing some degree of research and statistical ability; prepares data in narrative form subject to review by supervisor.
- Responds to routine inquiries by phone, in person, and/or by email, or refers to appropriate personnel. Disseminates information about the services offered by Television Services.
- Oversees the work of assigned student employees. Ensures timesheets are accurately completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Assists in ticket office when ticket office manager is at lunch, during special events, and as needed.
- Receives, sorts according to content, and distributes mail, making final decision as to which letters can be answered independently.
- Sets up departmental display at orientation. Ambassador who gives information and answers questions of prospective students and their parents.
- Assists with facilitating budget and financial transactions such as: preparing and issuing invoices for goods/services, pays invoices, deposit funds, creates purchase orders, transfers funds via internal transaction vouchers when instructed.
- Serves as the receptionist for the Office responsible clerical work involving processing and maintaining office records, reports, and material as needed.
- Creates and/or completes suite and sponsorship contracts, game contracts, professional services contracts, and student worker contracts. Submits for processing.
- Facilitates communications to staff, donors, and others via letter or email.
- Monitors budgets and alerts appropriate manager to any related issues within their department.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent, and
- Four (4) years full time experience in clerical or administrative support role
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction