JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Job no: 495792
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Requested Start Date:
July 11, 2022
Normal Work Schedule:
8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday, some evenings and weekends, and availability for crisis response required.
$42,000.00 - $45,000.00
Under the general direction of the Director of Counseling Services, the Counselor provides and coordinates direct services to students in the area of mental health support and referrals. Works closely with other departments in Student Affairs and partners with faculty, staff, and community agencies to ensure the provision of adequate mental health to support student wellness, overall student development, academic achievement, and student success.
- Provides consultative services to instructors and staff to make the learning environment as beneficial to the educational and personal development of students.
- Facilitates developmental, remedial, and preventive services to help students enhance their growth.
- Facilitates individual and group counseling and/or psychotherapy.
- Provides counseling support and referrals to help students assess and overcome specific deficiencies in educational preparation or skills.
- Facilitates group counseling and/or psychotherapy to help students establish satisfying personal relationships and to become more effective in areas such as interpersonal processes, communication skills and decision-making concerning personal and educational and career matters.
- Maintains documentation of counseling records
- Establishes prevention and outreach efforts through workshops and classes to address concerns of students, faculty, and staff.
- Serves as a member of crisis response team to provide intervention and emergency coverage on a rotating basis and as needed.
- Administers and interprets psychological tests and other assessment techniques to foster client self-understanding and decision-making.
- Conducts staff and faculty professional development and student training programs.
- Supervises graduate student interns and student employees.
- Participates in community activities related to the counseling profession, and appropriate professional organizations.
- Conducts in-service training programs and staff development programs to include supervision, case presentations, research reports and discussion of relevant professional issues.
- Takes part in research and professional development activities related to the field of counseling.
- May advise student organizations.
- Serves on various University, community, state, regional, and national committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Master's degree in counseling, social work, or marriage and family therapy
- LPC, LICSW, LMFT, ALC or LMSW required. Will consider candidates who are actively pursuing licensure at the time of application and clinical supervision will be provided.
- Cover Letter
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction