JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Administrative Assistant, ROTC-Military Science
Job no: 495803
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Requested Start Date:
July 18, 2022
Normal Work Schedule:
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
The Administrative Assistant processes and maintains relatively complex office records, reports, and materials. Performs clerical and secretarial work of greater difficulty and with more independence, but within guidelines established by precedents and departmental policies. May supervise others on more routine details. While learning, the Administrative Assistant works under close supervision. This post has routine, personal contact with customers and the general public, providing standard information and occasionally explaining methods, procedures, services and activities of unit.
- Receives, screens and routes visitors, answers routine inquiries by phone, email, or in person or refers to the appropriate person. Presents a professional appearance while representing the University with internal and external clients.
- Receives, sorts according to content, and distributes mail; organizes correspondence requiring attention of supervisor; independently answers correspondence requesting standard information or materials; may modify form letters to apply to various situations; completes routine forms.
- Creates reports, tables, charts, minutes and other documents.
- Maintains calendars for personnel, student workers, labs and meeting rooms.
- Assists in budget preparation; monitors expenditures; creates purchase requisitions, direct vouchers, and fund transfers.
- Verifies student information and keeps academic records current.
- Supervises student workers; trains and orients new staff members.
- Records verbal and numerical data such as personnel and payroll information.
- Reviews the work of others for accuracy and correctness; makes recommendations for revisions.
- Inventories and stocks office supplies; orders computers, furniture, etc. as needed.
- Prepares contracts, specifications, or other forms requiring precise knowledge of methods, procedures, policies, or other information.
- Administers math placement tests.
- Arranges conferences, meetings, and travel for supervisor, faculty and guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years full time equivalent experience in clerical or administrative support required
- Cover Letter
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction