JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Lab Assistant, College of Health Professions and Wellness
Job no: 495828
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (South Complex)
Requested Start Date:
August 18, 2022
Normal Work Schedule:
Varies depending on department need and lab schedule
Commensurate with experience
The Lab Assistant is responsible for assisting in the Skills and Simulation Lab of the College of Health Professions and Wellness in preparing and presenting material to clinical students; assists in the preparation and clean-up of Labs as instructed by the Director; and may provide individual assistance to students when required.
- Assists the clinical activities including laboratory preparation and clean-up of clinical labs as instructed by the Director of Lab Operations
- Maintains college laboratory equipment and supply inventory reporting any issues or shortage of supplies to the Director of Lab Operations
- Assists in providing clinical resources to enhance learning as approved and instructed by the Director of Lab Operations
- Promotes an effective clinical learning environment.
- Participates in the assessment of student progress in relation to course objectives and clinical activities.
- Assists with the coordination of resources, equipment, and supplies available in the clinical laboratories and simulation lab.
- Assists with the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of creative laboratory experiences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- At least three (3) years clinical practice in hospital environment
- Valid driver's license
- Current licensure with the Alabama Board of Nursing,
- Current liability insurance,
- Current CPR certification,
- Proof of current immunizations, and
- Either demonstrated or presumptive potential for effective teaching and for satisfying the duties and responsibilities of a clinical instructor
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- Cover Letter
- Unoffical Transcripts (official required upon hire)
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction