JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Coordinator, International House & Study Abroad Program
Job no: 495831
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
International House and Programs
Requested Start Date:
August 1, 2022
Normal Work Schedule:
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., some evening and weekends required
Commensurate with experience
The Coordinator, International House & Programs will assume multiple roles providing assistance and support to the Director for tasks related to International student’s retention, programming activities, the study abroad program, community relations, and campus wide internationalization efforts. This position will also provide administration, supervision, educational development, and counseling for International and American students residing in the International House. The employee must be on-call and available after normal working hours for residents of the International House. This is a 12-month position with summer duties required. Housing in the International House is negotiable.
- Creates an atmosphere conducive for learning and living to assist with the goal of the institution of internationalizing the campus.
- Counsel and mentor house members to discuss academic and personal progress. Provide appropriate counseling referrals to individual student/staff as needed
- Travel with students for speaking engagements, participation in community activities, etc. as needed.
- Have frequent contact with faculty and students on behalf of the International House.
- Assist in marketing and promotions for the International House program.
- Assist in recruiting and contacting prospective students to the program.
- Organize student applications for the program and facilitate selection process.
- Assist in creating and presenting new student orientation materials.
- Prepare and maintain a roster of residents and regularly update office staff.
- Prepare and maintain room assignments. Maintain accurate occupancy data for the facilities. Approve and facilitate room changes within the House.
- Investigate and respond to concerns and complaints of students, parents, staff members, and others in a manner that provides accurate information and fosters good public relations.
- Coordinate events with all aspects of student activities and development.
- Plan and organize events for the International House residents, International Students and prospective study abroad students. Coordinate events successfully.
- Coordinate International Student Orientation & Registration process.
- Coordinate Airport transportation services for newly incoming students.
- Maintain social media presence for the International Programs.
- Manage Global Ambassador program and/or International Student Organization.
- Coordinate and support JSU faculty-led study abroad programs.
- Develop promotional brochures and maintain webpage for study abroad programs.
- Conduct campus-wide information sessions on study abroad.
- Advise and Assist students enrolled in study abroad programs with partner university.
- Oversee study abroad participation from application to return, working with both outbound and foreign exchange students.
- Coordinate logistics with the JSU’s partner universities.
- Oversee student visa compliance, insurance compliance and pre-departure orientations.
- Keep complete database of study abroad programs, faculty and students.
- Stay informed of current world events to ensure safety of students and faculty.
- Emergency contact for students and faculty abroad.
- Travel with study abroad groups if and when needed.
- Oversee the opening and closing of the House at the beginning and ending of the semesters, holiday breaks, etc.
- Participate in professional development opportunities and attend conferences.
- Conduct Monthly fire drills, room safety inspections, etc.
- Attend to emergency/crisis situations such as power outages, fires, maintenance, etc.
- Report and follow up on maintenance requests.
- Report and maintain files for all records, i.e., student information, discipline reports, occupancy reports, room, hall, and apartment changes, etc.
- Interpret and administer housing and university policy and procedures. Refers to Faculty and Staff Handbooks and University Catalog.
- Work with various civic organizations and groups that support the International House.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years related experience with intensive college student contact
- Valid Driver’s License
- Master’s Degree
- Experience as a residence hall director, resident assistant, or other experience with young men and women (such as camp counselor)
- Global Living Experience (study abroad)
- Cover Letter
- Unoffical Transcripts (official required upon hire)
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction