University Student Assistant - Telemarketer (Fall 2022 - Spring 2023)
Job no: 495994
Work type: University Student Assistant
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Categories: Student Employment
$7.25 - $8.25 (Max 26 hours per week)
4:30 p.m. - 7:45 p.m., Monday - Thursday
The telemarketers are responsible for calling JSU Alumni to update information and soliciting pledges and contributions for the JSU Annual Fund.
Calls JSU Alumni by operating telecommunications technology.
Communicates through verbal and nonverbal methods with clarity and positive attitude.
Demonstrates good typing/ computer skills and is able to articulate needs of the University while speaking with Alumni on the phone.
Adheres to all department and University policies and procedures.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to work from a desk with a phone and headset while sitting for up to 3.5 hours per session.
- Must possess general computer skills, proper voice quality and mannerisms and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to respond professionally to objections and rejections from those called.
- Accurate typing and data entry skills.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a JSU student taking at least three (3) hours per fall or
- spring semester.
- If not a first-time student, applicant must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Selected applicants must provide evidence of student enrollment and GPA (unofficial transcript or printout of enrollment/GPA from MyJSU.
Notice Regarding International Students:
- All International Students must receive clearance for employment from the International House and Programs.
- Due to Visa requirements international students must be enrolled as a full-time JSU student and possess each of the following:
- Passport from their respective country.
- F-1 Student Visa or J-1 Exchange Student Visa.
- U.S. Customs Form I-94.
- Official photo identification.
- Official Social Security Card imprinted with “Valid for Work Only” or similar statement
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act http://clerycenter.org/summary-jeanne-clery act , the Jacksonville State University’s Police provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: www.jsu.edu/police/docs/AnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend