JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Job no: 496018
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Requested Start Date:
November 1, 2022
Normal Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm with the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
The Development Coordinator s responsible for coordinating all aspects of Development related program(s), service(s), and/or fundraisers.
May be responsible for training, assisting or assigning tasks to others. May provide input to performance reviews of other employees. May supervise student workers.
- Plans, develops, and assists in the execution of programs/services/fundraisers.
- Coordinates, plans, and organizes events to include activities such as set-up, selecting speakers, and/or negotiating contractual obligations for resources and logistical considerations.
- Monitors and develops programs/services budget and ensures programs/services are operating within specifications.
- Creates and maintains records of prospects, contacts, and constituents.
- Identifies, screens, and recommends individuals, corporations, and foundations which qualify as prospective donors and/or volunteers.
- Provides information to staff, students, and constituents concerning JSU Development opportunities through presentation, inquiry response, and/or memorandums/letters.
- Develops and coordinates the marketing function for assigned development programs including (but not limited to) brochures, newsletters, web site and news releases.
- Receives and resolves inquiries and problems.
- Maintains Advancement master calendar.
- Serve as the primary user of Foundation Search software.
- Creates and maintains donor relations, solicitation, and development.
- Works and strategizes with JSU and the JSU Foundation to achieve university-wide objectives.
- Performs stewardship contacts to identify and qualify unassigned donors to begin the development of a deeper relationship with JSU.
- Other related duties as assigned.
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of the functions of a development office
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required. (Travel reimbursement at state rates.)
- Working knowledge of a donor database or customer relationship management software
- Cover Letter
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction