JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Head Coach, Soccer
Job no: 496075
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Categories: Staff, Technical
Requested Start Date:
December 1, 2022
Normal Work Schedule:
Varies depending on department need and practice/game schedule
The Head Soccer Coach directs, coordinates and supervises while ensuring the eligibility and academic success of student-athletes. Integrates sports program into the overall mission of the University.
Employment in this position is contingent upon compliance with the rules and regulations of the university, the NCAA and Conference Affiliation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads NCAA Rules Manual, NCAA News, Conference Manual, University Catalog, Inter/Intra-department memos, communications from prospects, peers, and alumni.
- Composes department memos, team schedules, and player evaluations.
- Corresponds with Athletic Director, staff, and prospects. Correspondence pertinent to the success of the program.
- Develops and maintains contacts with University staff, faculty, students, alumni, vendors, civic and similar organizations or groups, other universities.
- Handles or responds to budget requests, transfers, and purchases.
- Supervises assistants.
- Assigns to and instructs on employee duties and responsibilities.
- Conducts daily staff meetings.
- Demonstrates physical acts in order to teach that act to student athletes.
- Refers to NCAA Manual and Sports Rule Book.
- Ensures that assistants demonstrate skill with a degree of proficiency to property train student athletes.
- Travels for recruiting, contests, and speaking engagements.
- Performs related duties as required.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- at least four (4) years’ experience Similar position at this or other universities
- Possess physical strength and agility to demonstrate plays, strategy, and athletic techniques to team members
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (official required upon hire)
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction