JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
University Student Assistant - WLJS Audience Director (Fall 2023 & Spring 2024)
Job no: 496220
Work type: University Student Assistant
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Categories: Student Employment
Communication - WLJS
$8.25 (15 hours per week)
The WLJS-FM audience director helps the program director grow the audience for WLJS-FM, JSU’s student-run radio station, across all its platforms, which may include terrestrial broadcasting, digital streaming audio, podcasts, the web, social media and other forms of media. Specifically, the audience director maintains WLJS’s digital presence, including social media accounts and the station’s web site. The audience director also has primary responsibility among the station’s staff for monitoring digital media analytics to gauge WLJS’s effectiveness in reaching its audience.
As a member of the WLJS student staff, the audience director works closely with the other student staff members and with the director of student media. The audience director also must be or become familiar with FCC requirements pertaining to WLJS’s broadcast license and help ensure compliance with those requirements from the student staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Participates in regular staff meetings to help plan WLJS’s operations.
- Helps arrange and participates in training for student staff, volunteers and others involved in programming and digital content.
- Meets regularly with the program director and the director of student media to discuss WLJS’s programming, digital presence and audience development.
- Creates graphics for use in the station’s social media accounts to promote music and other programming.
- Responds as appropriate to communication from the public via social media.
- Represents WLJS at public events and professional meetings on campus and off campus.
- Meets regularly with university administrators and student, faculty and community groups to discuss and assess the effectiveness of WLJS’s programming and digital presence.
Adheres to all department and University policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a JSU student taking at least three (3) hours per fall or spring semester. (Requirements for international students below.*)
- If not a first time student, applicant must have a GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Selected applicants must provide evidence of student enrollment and GPA (unofficial transcript or printout of enrollment/GPA from MyJSU.
- A major in communication with a concentration in broadcasting, digital media production, or public relations and advertising; or a major in marketing.
- Successful completion of COM 345 and/or COM 412 with a "C" or higher grade.
- Prior experience with WLJS as a volunteer or in a media workshop course
Notice Regarding International Students:
- All international students must be in a valid immigration status.
- Due to Visa requirements international students must be enrolled as a full-time JSU student and possess each of the following:
- Passport from their respective country.
- F-1 Student Visa or J-1 Exchange Student Visa.
- U.S. Customs Form I-94.
- Official photo identification.
- Official Social Security Card imprinted with “Valid for Work Only” or similar statement
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act http://clerycenter.org/summary-jeanne-clery act , the Jacksonville State University’s Police provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: www.jsu.edu/police/docs/AnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Expression of interest
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction