JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
University Student Assistant - Night Desk Assistant with Housing Operations and Residence Life (Fall 2023 - Spring 2024)
Job no: 496278
Work type: University Student Assistant
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Categories: Student Employment
$8.25 per hour (max. 26 hours per week)
The Night Desk Assistant (NDA) is a vital student member of Housing Operations and Residence Life. The duties of the Night Desk Assistant is to obtain work experience on campus in offices, dorms, and other areas. Duties may include assisting staff, monitoring residents, or performing administrative and other support duties as required.
- ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English in person and over the telephone
- willingness to work cooperatively with a diverse body of faculty, staff and students
- maintain confidentiality of information
- Applicants must be enrolled as a JSU student taking at least three (3) hours per fall or spring semester.
- If not a first-time student, applicant must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Selected applicants must provide evidence of student enrollment and GPA (unofficial transcript or printout of enrollment/GPA from MyJSU.
Notice Regarding International Students:
- All International Students must receive clearance for employment from the International House and Programs.
- Due to Visa requirements international students must be enrolled as a full-time JSU student and possess each of the following:
- Passport from their respective country.
- F-1 Student Visa or J-1 Exchange Student Visa.
- U.S. Customs Form I-94.
- Official photo identification.
- Official Social Security Card imprinted with “Valid for Work Only” or similar statement
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act http://clerycenter.org/summary-jeanne-clery act , the Jacksonville State University’s Police provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: www.jsu.edu/police/docs/AnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Expression of interest
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction