JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Job no: 496585
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Normal Work Schedule:
Normal hours M-F 7:30am to 4:30pm but may vary depending on University need and some evening and weekend for special events.
Anticipated Start Date:
October 2, 2023
$60,000.00 - $65,475.00
The Supervisor, HVAC is a leadership position that supervises employees performing heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) repair, replacement, and general maintenance on a variety of HVAC and water plant equipment. In coordination with crews, the Supervisor, HVAC plans, inspects, and assigns job schedules to restrict disruption of campus schedules and inconveniences. May assist subordinates in the performance of certain tasks when needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and coordinates all installation, replacement, general repair and preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment.
- Directs the repair and maintenance of existing HVAC equipment including air handlers, chilling and heating systems, air quality equipment (including energy recovery make-up, exhausted air systems, and laboratory vent hoods), and domestic hot water systems.
- Supervises repair and maintenance of food service equipment owned by the food services vendor (buildings, stands, and mobile units). Coordinates with food service vendor regarding condition of equipment, outages, and need for replacement.
- Designs, maintains and monitors preventive maintenance program in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations and actual job application.
- Detects possible problem areas and affects a preventive maintenance procedure for correction.
- Maintains inventory list of all HVAC equipment.
- Coordinates work with mechanical engineers as appropriate during planning and preparation of new building proposals to ascertain that equipment and material proposed for new buildings will be in the best interest of JSU.
- Inspects mechanical equipment and systems during construction to verify it is furnished and installed according to contract plans and specifications.
- Hires and evaluates HVAC staff. Performs any needed technical training and instruction; schedules daily and overtime assignments.
- Ensures compliance with University Policy and proper safety practices to maintain accordance with OSHA, HAZMAT, HAZCOM and ADEM compliance programs.
- Secures input from major HVAC companies on new HVAC equipment.
- Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
- Collaborates with trade supervisors, building managers, contractors, engineers, faculty, and staff.
- Estimates cost for repairs, replacement, and installation of large and small HVAC equipment for heating, cooling, air moving, pumping, building automation, and plumbing.
- Coordinates work with outside contractors on campus projects when University resources are unable to effectively perform required scope of work.
- Properly handles and disposes of refrigerants and oils as outlined by federal and state regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) related technical degree plus five years of supervision of maintenance or commercial construction work, OR high school diploma or equivalent plus seven years of supervision of maintenance or commercial construction work required.
- CFC Universal Certification including R-410a required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Cover Letter
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://www.clerycenter.org/the-clery-act the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction