JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Housekeeper II (Night)
Job no: 496586
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Housekeeper II (Night)
Normal Work Schedule:
Monday - Thursday, 5:00 p.m. - 1:30 a.m. and Friday 4:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Anticipated Start Date:
September 25, 2023
$9.54 per hour
The Housekeeper II in Building Services performs routine cleaning of interior spaces and the immediate exterior area. Work assignments are primarily indoors and under close supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sweeps, dusts, mops, vacuums, waxes and polishes floors in hallways, classrooms, residence halls and offices.
- Dusts and polishes office furniture, desks, windows, blinds, and door facings.
- Cleans/scrubs toilets, sinks, shower stalls and bath tubs in residence halls and office buildings.
- Lifts and carries brooms, mops, pails, buckets, brushes, and supplies from janitor’s closet to specified area(s).
- Carries garbage and trash bags to garbage receptacles.
- Moves and replaces students’ desks and chairs, instructors’ podiums and desks, and classroom equipment in order to mop or wax floor.
- Mops, sweeps, or scrubs exterior porches of buildings; picks up trash around outside of buildings.
- Inspects floors, baseboards, windows, office, or residence hall furnishings to determine cleanliness.
- Reads work crew schedules, instruction labels on cleaning products, and Materials Safety Data Sheets to determine safe handling of cleaning products.
- Receives oral instructions from supervisor on specials tasks to be performed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Some experience in housekeeping
- Cover Letter
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://www.clerycenter.org/the-clery-act the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction