JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Job no: 496588
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Digital Media Services
Normal Work Schedule:
Mon. – Fri. 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. (evenings & weekends required for special events)
Anticipated Start Date:
October 2, 2023
$40,000.00-$55,000.00 (commensurate with experience)
The University Photographer is responsible for performing artistic, creative, and skilled photographic work to capture and reproduce photographic images reflecting the full range of activities that best visually illustrates Jacksonville State University, its faculty, staff, and students. This position works with the Director of Digital Media to develop digital content strategy which helps expand the University’s effort to increase branding and enrollment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Captures and reproduces photographic images representing the full range of activities occurring on the JSU campus, utilizing creative, visual, technical, and artistic skills.
- Maintains extensive and current library of quality photographic images representing all aspects of life on the JSU campuses that reflect the JSU brand through the use of PhotoShelter Libris and allows JSU constituents to download selected images. Disseminates photographs to national media as directed.
- Identifies and creates opportunities to enhance the documentation of University storytelling through close collaboration with Marketing and Communication departments.
- Manages and supervises assigned student employees and interns to help enhance the University’s photo and video capabilities.
- Works with the Digital Media Services department to come up with creative and innovative digital content which can be disseminated through the University’s official social media platforms.
- Manages a photo assignment system for photography of university-related events, providing both print and digital images for general promotion, public relations, news, sports and historical documentation purposes.
- Assist with overseeing the university’s social media strategic plan and content creation.
- Schedules and facilitates photo shoots for clients and maintain documented model release files as needed.
- Provides technical assistance and serves as resource to other University photography employees and students on all aspects of photography and film processing.
- Collaborates with University’s Marketing and Communications staff and contributes to social media efforts, including developing the University’s voice on social media platforms such as Instagram and Facebook.
- Assists in the development and implementation of broad-based marketing efforts to promote photographic services to schools and departments throughout the University.
- Manages assigned budget, purchasing, and over-all maintenance of photographic and office equipment and all supplies.
- Facilitates other photography related duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- An equivalent combination of seven (7) years experience and training may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Minimum 2 years work experience (will consider undergraduate, graduate, or part-time experience)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s degree in photography or photojournalism
- Previous university photography experience
- Photo database management experience
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (official required upon hire)
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://www.clerycenter.org/the-clery-act the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction