JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Job no: 496591
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Normal Work Schedule:
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., some evening and weekends required
Anticipated Start Date:
October 16, 2023
The Budget Analyst is responsible for the coordination with budget managers for budget and expenditure reviews. They will maintain labor budgets at the position level, and act as the liaison between Finance and Administration and the University at large relating to the areas of budget development and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly review all funds for anomalies and work with budget mangers and assistants to resolve these issues (NSF, Incorrect accounting).
- Coordinate with budget managers for budget/expenditure review.
- Maintain college labor budgets through position budget management.
- Assist with review of FOAPAL changes and chart of account maintenance.
- Support Vice President of Finance and Administration and Controller during budget development.
- Provide training to budget managers and administrative assistance on budget review
- Assist with maintenance of approval queues.
- Assist with updating Banner Finance permissions for new and reassigned employees
- Tracking of college-wide expenditures related to unique funding or requirements, including reporting.
- Assist with development and presentation of training materials to University community
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, Math, Accounting, Information Systems, or related area
- At least three (3) years of experience in a professional accounting, budgeting, or related field
- Experience in higher education or governmental setting
- At least five (5) years of experience in a professional accounting, budgeting, or related field
- Experience with Ellucian Banner or other enterprise financial management software applications
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (official required upon hire)
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://www.clerycenter.org/the-clery-act the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction