JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Job no: 496604
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
November 27, 2023
$29,036.80 - $32,988.80
Normal Work Schedule:
7:30am-4:30 Monday-Friday, Call maybe required
The HVAC Mechanic II works at the journeyman level to perform service and maintenance on various refrigeration and air conditioning installations and equipment. Tasks are completed according to established trade practices under the direction of a senior level HVAC mechanic or the HVAC supervisor, and is reviewed for compliance with instructions and adequate completion. The HVAC Mechanic II works rotating shifts; special situations or emergencies may necessitate reporting on a scheduled off-day.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs and maintains air conditioning units and adjusts temperature controls in window units, reciprocating units, centrifugal units, ice machines, freezers, and refrigerators.
- Maintains and repairs heating units such as heat pumps, gas furnaces, steam converters, gas boilers, and gas water heaters.
- Lubricates fan compressor motors; adjusts automatic valves and controls, condenser and evaporator; replaces belts, pulleys, fly wheels and fuses; checks for refrigerant leaks and replaces refrigerant as needed.
- Installs and maintains pumps used to transfer fluid to heating or cooling such as water or Freon.
- Removes, disassembles, repairs, rebuilds, and installs motors or pumps used in heating or cooling units.
- Performs basic and general maintenance and repair such as pipefitting, welding, and electrical restoration.
- Drives university trucks and vans.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Possesses manual dexterity to manipulate small hand tools; visual acuity sufficient to read gauges and thermometers and inspect small parts; hearing sufficient to distinguish proper functioning of units and to diagnose problems.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Two-year degree from technical college in HVAC required.
- Four years full time work experience in commercial HVAC required.
- Valid Alabama driver’s license.
- Possession, at the time of hire, of a universal refrigerant transition and recovery certification issued by EPA.
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction