JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
University Student Assistant - Angle Hall Greeter (Spring - Summer 2024)
Job no: 496646
Work type: University Student Assistant
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Categories: Student Employment
Auxiliary and Business
$8.25 per hour (Max 26 hours per week)
The duties of the University Student Aid are to obtain work experience on campus. The duties of the Angle Hall Greeter will include providing guests with information about the University in a professional and friendly manner. You will assist guests with information and directions when they enter the main Jax State administrative building (Angle Hall).
** This position is for Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors Only. No Freshman will be accepted at this time, due to lack of familiarity with the campus. General knowledge of the University and Departments is needed to perform this job effectively. **
Positions may be filled based on individual applicants’ skills, qualification and building needs.
Adheres to all department and University policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide Excellent Customer Service.
- Greet and assist all visitors in a courteous manner.
- Work cooperatively with a diverse body of faculty, staff, and students.
- Provide Knowledge of University Information and Department locations to visitors as needed.
- Read and utilize the Campus Map.
- Any additional duties as required by supervisor.
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Friendly and Positive
- Approachable and Polite
- Able to interact with a wide variety of people
- Comfortable sitting or standing in one place for the majority of the workday.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a JSU student taking at least three (3) hours per fall or spring semester. (Requirements for international students below. *)
- If not a first-time student, the applicant must have a GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Selected applicants must provide evidence of student enrollment and GPA (unofficial transcript or printout of enrollment/GPA from MyJSU.
Notice Regarding International Students:
- All international students must be in a valid immigration status.
- Due to Visa requirements international students must be enrolled as a full-time JSU student and possess each of the following:
- Passport from their respective country.
- F-1 Student Visa or J-1 Exchange Student Visa.
- U.S. Customs Form I-94.
- Official photo identification.
- Official Social Security Card imprinted with “Valid for Work Only” or similar statement
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://www.clerycenter.org/the-clery-act the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction