JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Job no: 496652
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Requested Start Date:
January 3, 2024
Normal Work Schedule:
10+ weeks of recruitment travel required in the Fall, with an additional 3 – 5 weeks in the Spring.
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for the execution of the established recruitment plan in assigned geographic territories, which includes extensive travel for recruiting and evaluating applicants for admission to Jacksonville State University. Advises and counsels prospective students about the college selection process and the benefits of a JSU education. Continuously representing the University in a positive professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Associate Director with all aspects of recruitment and marketing of Jacksonville State University at public information sessions by qualifying prospective students, participating in student briefings, college fairs, visitation events, and on-campus events for undergraduate student types and other related activities/events that are designed to promote the University.
- In collaboration with the Associate Director, creates and implements an individual marketing plan to include knowledge of assigned high school history, area alumni, competitors and factors of influence to assist the university in successfully achieving its educational mission.
- Assists the AD, Dual Enrollment in communicating with area high school administrators on the benefits and opportunities of Dual Enrollment Students.
- Manages a geographic territory of prospective students (as assigned), and provides reports, updates, and feedback related to recruitment activities within the territory.
- Visits schools on a scheduled weekly basis and responds to routine inquiries, and disseminates information about the programs and services offered by JSU.
- Maintains ongoing communication with prospective students and their families and provides admissions advising as needed.
- Develops strong professional relationships with area high school administrators.
- Maximizes recruitment activities by presenting to potential students, parents and administrators about academic programs, admissions criteria, and financial aid awarding to prospective students and families.
- Maintains ongoing awareness of role expectations and established enrollment goals, and performs duties focused on meeting those goals.
- Serves as a resource to students, families, faculty and staff regarding JSU admission.
- Identifies and addresses concerns of prospective students.
- Performs follow up with interested students through acceptance and enrollment.
- Proactively partners with various university departments in order to coordinate and conduct campus tours for undergraduate freshman, transfer, and Dual Enrollment Students, and works with JSU Ambassadors as needed.
- Serves on committees as assigned.
- Participates in professional development activities to stay abreast of emerging trends in the field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid driver’s license
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript (official required upon hire)
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction