JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Administrative Assistant, Chemistry and Geosciences
Job no: 496668
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Chemistry & Geosciences
Requested Start Date:
December 4, 2023
Normal Work Schedule:
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
The Administrative Assistant performs clerical and administrative work, processes and maintains relatively complex office records, reports, and materials of greater difficulty and with more independence, but within guidelines established by precedents and departmental policies. This position has routine, personal contact with customers and the general public, providing standard information and occasionally explaining methods, procedures, services and activities of unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives, screens and routes visitors, answers routine inquiries by phone, email, or in person or refers to the appropriate person. Presents a professional appearance while representing the University with internal and external clients.
- Receives, sorts according to content, and distributes mail; organizes correspondence requiring attention of supervisor; independently answers correspondence requesting standard information or materials; may modify form letters to apply to various situations; completes routine forms.
- Creates files, reports, tables, charts, databases, minutes, and other documents.
- Records verbal and numerical data such as personnel and payroll information.
- Inventories and stocks office supplies; orders computers, furniture, etc. as needed.
- Prepares contracts, specifications, or other forms requiring precise knowledge of methods, procedures, policies, or other information.
- Arranges and records attendance for meetings.
- Collects data for supervisor’s travels and travel reimbursement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least two (2) years full time equivalent experience in clerical or administrative support
- Cover Letter
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction