JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Associate Director, Financial Aid Compliance
Job no: 496674
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Office of Financial Aid
Normal Work Schedule:
8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday, some evenings may be required
Anticipated Start Date:
February 1, 2024
The Associate Director of Financial Aid Compliance will coordinate compliance with all Federal Student Aid regulations regarding the administration of federal and institutional financial aid funds. This position will coordinate routine sampling of student financial aid files to ensure compliance with regulations, will coordinate and oversee fund reconciliation procedures, and will be responsible for overseeing all technical processes. This position will also be a liaison to Information Technology Services and will review and test all Banner upgrades/patches in coordination with the Director of Financial Aid.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the daily sending and receiving of ISIR files, including correction files and working suspense files; utilizing a scheduler to assist with this process.
- Coordinates federal and private loan processing, including daily sending and receiving of files, reject resolution, certification, entrance/exit counseling and Master Promissory Note requirements, etc.
- Coordinates federal grant originations, including reject resolution.
- Conducts federal fund reconciliation and maintain records between the Financial Aid Office, the Controller’s Office, and external data systems on a monthly basis.
- Performs Return to Title IV calculations, including collaboration with other offices to ensure processes are efficient and compliant.
- Coordinates awarding for all terms including one-term manual awarding.
- Performs transfer monitoring process and reviews and corrects National Student Clearinghouse errors.
- Reviews and tests all Banner upgrades/patches, with the approval and guidance of the Director of Financial Aid.
- Maintains a current and functional Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Assists with escalated student and parent inquiries.
- Supervises Financial Aid Counselors including training, time reporting, professional development, and performance management.
- Represents the Director of Financial Aid in their absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and
- Five (5) years of progressive experience in a college/university financial aid office
- Master’s Degree and
- Three (3) years of progressive experience in a college/university financial aid office and
- Extensive knowledge of federal financial aid regulations
- Experience with Ellucian Banner, EdConnect, NSLDS, COD, CPS, data reporting software (i.e. Argos)
- Master’s Degree
- Working knowledge and experience with Return to Title IV, verification, and satisfactory academic progress regulations
- Experience reviewing and updating and/or creating a Financial Aid Policies and Procedures Manual
- Experience directly supervising others
- NASFAA Credentials
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official required upon hire)
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://www.clerycenter.org/the-clery-act the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction