JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Custodial Maintenance III (Alternate Shift)
Job no: 496710
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Building Custodial Services
Normal Work Schedule:
2pm - 10pm; Tuesday - Saturday.
Event day schedules will be based on event times.
$11.50 per hour
Custodial Maintenance III in Building Services performs housekeeping duties on the interior and exterior of buildings in addition to carrying or moving heavy equipment or supplies to different areas or buildings on campus. May use pesticides under close supervision and following special instructions on their use and safety. Complex duties may be assigned and a greater degree of independent judgment allowed. Instructions are received orally from supervisor. The Custodial Maintenance III may function as the lead worker with a small group of Custodial Maintenance I employees and Housekeepers.
- Carries boxes of toilet paper, paper towels and any equipment, to buildings requesting these supplies. Unload supplies which are received or shipped out to warehouse or supply room.
- Washes windows inside or outside buildings; uses telescopic window washer to reach higher exterior windows.
- Cleans athletic training room and shower/dressing room areas; cleans press boxes, stands, and dugouts on athletic fields.
- Picks up litter around exterior of buildings and on athletic fields.
- Moves desks, chairs, tables, beds, and wardrobes from offices, classrooms, or residence hall rooms in order for floor to be cleaned and waxed.
- Lifts and carries buffers, upright vacuums, shoulder vacuums, pails, mops, brooms, sprayers for pesticides and other cleaning equipment.
- Operates buffers to clean floors, shampoos carpet using shampooing equipment and uses sprayers to apply pesticides.
- Drives university vans and small trucks to transport cleaning equipment, cleaning supplies or boxes.
- Performs minor maintenance on vacuum and buffers.
- Instructs less experienced custodial maintenance staff in proper housekeeping methods and appropriate use of equipment; assigns lower level housekeepers specific tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Some housekeeping experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction