JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
University Student Assistant - Campus Parking Enforcement Officer (Summer - Fall 2024)
Job no: 496826
Work type: University Student Assistant
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Categories: Student Employment
$8.25 per hour (Max 26 hours per week)
The University Student Assistant Campus Parking Enforcement Officer is responsible for the enforcement of University Parking Rules and Regulations. Duties may include the issuing of parking citations to vehicles in violation of University Parking Rules and Regulations, unlocking of car doors and assist motorist upon request, and educating student and visitors to campus of the University Parking Rules and Regulations.
Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions, may be assigned to day or evening shifts, serves as a liaison between the public and University departments, assist University Police Officers upon request, and maintains parking enforcement hardware and two-way radio.
Positions may be filled based on individual applicants’ skills, qualifications, and departmental needs.
Adheres to all department and University policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Employee patrols campus parking lots and grounds on foot, in vehicles or on bicycle in order to provide service or assistance to employees, students or visitors to campus, and to enforce parking rules and regulations.
- Relay information about incidents or emergencies to personnel using phones or two-way radios.
- Responds to calls regarding parking violations and complaints.
- Writes warnings and citations for illegally parked vehicles.
- Reports suspicious vehicles, objects or individuals to appropriate personnel.
- Perform simple vehicle maintenance procedures such as checking oil and gas, and report mechanical problems to supervisor.
- Observe and report hazardous conditions such as missing traffic and parking signs, and traffic lights out.
- Enter and retrieve information pertaining to vehicle registration, identification, and status using parking enforcement hardware.
- Maintain assigned equipment and supplies such as hand-held citation devices and printers.
- Provide information to the public regarding parking regulations and facilities, and the location of streets, buildings, and points of interest.
- Spot lost, stolen, and counterfeit parking permits, and report to officers for necessary enforcement action.
- Train new or temporary employees in proper work procedure.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age, and not been convicted of a felony or crime or moral turpitude.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Alabama driver’s license at time of appointment.
- Employees in this classification will be required to stand and walk for long hours continuously while patrolling the campus on foot or in a vehicle enforcing parking regulations.
- Incumbents will speak and listen to employees, students, co-workers and visitors in all aspects of their job.
- Visual acuity to observe, investigate, monitor and patrol the campus.
- Employees may be required to push automobiles away from traffic scenes or break downs in order to clear roadways.
- Work may require an employee to run, bend, stoop, or kneel in performing the job.
- Incumbents must possess the dexterity to use parking enforcement hardware and devices for unlocking car doors.
- Successfully complete extra training such as: Use of force, less lethal, OC-pepper spray.
- Employee should be in good physical shape since the position requires a lot of walking and have a valid driver’s license since; they may need to travel by vehicle to different locations on campus of their assigned patrol area.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a JSU student taking at least three (3) hours per fall or spring semester. (Requirements for international students below. *)
- If not a first-time student, the applicant must have a GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Selected applicants must provide evidence of student enrollment and GPA (unofficial transcript or printout of enrollment/GPA from MyJSU.
Notice Regarding International Students:
- All international students must be in a valid immigration status.
- Due to Visa requirements international students must be enrolled as a full-time JSU student and possess each of the following:
- Passport from their respective country.
- F-1 Student Visa or J-1 Exchange Student Visa.
- U.S. Customs Form I-94.
- Official photo identification.
- Official Social Security Card imprinted with “Valid for Work Only” or similar statement
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://www.clerycenter.org/the-clery-act the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction