JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers. Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Writing Center Consultant - English Department (Fall 2021 - Spring 2022)
Job no: 495439
Work type: University Student Assistant
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Categories: Student Employment
$12.00 per hour, maximum of 26 hours per week
Normal Work Schedule:
The duties of the University Student Aid is to obtain work experience on campus in offices, labs, gym, the library, and other areas. Duties may include assisting staff and faculty with preparation for research, classroom instruction, departmental operational needs, or performing administrative and other support duties as required. Positions may be filled based on individual applicants’ skills, qualification and departmental needs.
- Applicants must demonstrate a strong writing ability, in regard to content, organization, and grammar, and must be able to work well with students one-on-one in a professional setting.
- Preference will be given to English majors and minors and students with high grades in a variety of English classes. Students with coursework, majors, and minors that have a strong writing component will also be considered.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a JSU student taking at least three (3) hours per fall or spring semester. (Requirements for international students below.*)
- If not a first time student, applicant must have a GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Selected applicants must provide evidence of student enrollment and GPA (unofficial transcript or printout of enrollment/GPA from MyJSU.
*** Notice Regarding International Students:
Due to Visa requirements international students must be enrolled as a full-time JSU student taking at least 12 hours (per fall or spring semester) and possess each of the following:
- Passport from their respective country.
- F-1 Student Visa or J-1 Exchange Student Visa.
- U.S. Customs Form I-94.
- Official photo identification.
- Official Social Security Card imprinted with “Valid for Work Only” or similar statement.
All International Students must receive clearance for work with an International Programs representative to ensure compliance with Immigration regulations. Please visit their website for more information. http://jsu.edu/international/immigration-regulations/index.html
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts or proof of enrollment
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction