JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Graduate Administrative Assistant - Library - (Fall 2022 - Spring 2023)
Job no: 495738
Work type: Graduate Administrative Assistant
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Categories: Student Employment
The duties of the Graduate Administrative Assistant may include assisting faculty, classroom instruction, as well as other academic support duties, and departmental operational needs, and other associated and clerical duties as assigned. Positions will be filled based on individual applicant’s skills, qualification, and departmental needs.
Graduate Administrative Assistants are expected to work 20 hours per week during a fall or spring semester. Graduate Administrative Assistants working a fall or spring semester will receive $2,080, disbursed in four equal monthly payments. Graduate Administrative Assistants will also receive a fellowship for 6 to 9 hours of graduate coursework for a fall or spring semester and a waiver of the general university fees.
If you choose to apply for employment as a graduate student at JSU, your transcripts and letters of recommendation will be reviewed by personnel from the units who have posted a graduate administrative assistantship position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a combination of duties under the supervision of the faculty and/or staff.
- Performs clerical and other duties as assigned.
Eligibility Requirements for Graduate Assistantship positions:
1)Must possess appropriate undergraduate degree in Music from a regionally accredited institution.
2) Minimum of 3.0 college GPA required.
3) Applicants must be enrolled in a JSU graduate program taking six to nine graduate semester hours of coursework.
a. Exception 1: If a student is classified as a graduate student and is required to take undergraduate/foundation courses for their program, a minimum of nine undergraduate hours or a minimum of six undergraduate hours plus three graduate hours must be taken.
b. Exception 2: If a student has made satisfactory progress toward obtaining the graduate degree and needs fewer than six graduate hours to complete the degree, the student may be considered for an assistantship.
4) Have a faculty recommendation.
5) Must have completed at least one semester of full-time attendance to JSU.
6) Applicants must attach under “Transcript” an unofficial copy of their student transcript as evidence of student enrollment and GPA.
7) Must maintain the required GPA for the program.
Notice Regarding International Students:
- All International Students must receive clearance for employment from the International House and Programs.
- Please visit International Programs website for additional information: http://www.jsu.edu/international/immigration-regulations/employment.html
- Due to Visa requirements international students must be enrolled as a full-time JSU student and possess each of the following:
- Passport from their respective country.
- F-1 Student Visa or J-1 Exchange Student Visa.
- U.S. Customs Form I-94.
- Official photo identification.
- Official Social Security Card imprinted with “Valid for Work Only” or similar statement
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction