JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Coordinator, Graduate Studies
Job no: 495825
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Requested Start Date:
August 1, 2022
Normal Work Schedule:
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
The Coordinator in Graduate Studies will serve as a point of contact for potential students, enrolled graduate students, university faculty and staff regarding graduate admissions and enrollment for Jacksonville State University. This position will serve as the primary recruiter for Graduate Studies for all graduate-level academic programs and will collaborate with university departments to develop, implement, and evaluate for effectiveness all implemented graduate recruitment events. This position will work closely with the Graduate Admissions Specialists to generate timely reports regarding admissions and retention trends. The Coordinator will engage with graduate students admitted to a JSU graduate program regarding resources, registration, payment deadlines, and so forth. This position will also work closely with the Dean of Graduate Studies regarding retention protocols and communication strategies for continued graduate student engagement.
- Serving as the primary recruiter for all graduate-level academic programs to include representing JSU Graduate Studies at all local, regional, and statewide events.
- Acting as the point of contact for all potential graduate student program inquiries directed to Graduate Studies and serving as a liaison between Graduate Studies and Academic Departments to ensure that student inquiries are addressed, and additional follow-up occurs when needed.
- Engaging with Graduate Students admitted to a JSU program regarding resources, registration, payment deadlines, and so forth.
- Serving as the Communication liaison between Graduate Studies and graduate students throughout their graduate education experience to include notifications regarding upcoming deadlines, upcoming events, commencement information, etc.
- Communicating with students admitted into academic programs who have failed to enroll following admission to support students as they transition into graduate education and to gather data as to why students elect to enroll in institutions outside of JSU.
- Conducting monthly recruitment events (either in-person or virtually) to attract potential students to graduate education at JSU.
- Establish events (i.e. open houses, resource sessions, planning session) each academic semester to attract undergraduate students to remain at JSU for their graduate education
- Establish events at surrounding Junior Colleges to promote direct pathways into graduate education
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Graduate Studies and other academic departments to support their recruitment efforts and identify future strategic recruitment opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Undergraduate Admissions team to co-host recruitment events to promote enrollment growth at both the undergraduate and graduate-level
- Working with Alumni Affairs to identify recruitment opportunities and to identify future collaborations
- Collaborate with the Dean, Graduate Studies to establish retention protocols and strategies for engaging students leaving JSU without earning their graduate/doctoral degrees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 1-2 years experience working in higher education in recruitment, admissions, or administration
- 2-3 years experience working in higher education in recruitment, admissions, or administration
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Education Transcripts (official transcripts required if selected for hire)
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction