JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Staff Accountant II
Job no: 495843
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Requested Start Date:
September 19, 2022
Commensurate with experience
Normal Work Schedule:
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday-Friday, some evenings and weekends required
The Staff Accountant II is responsible for performing routine accounting and budget reconciliations, and maintenance of General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization. Responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the Grants accounting function and is responsible for processing all post grant awards. Responsible for timely completion of required quarterly and yearly financial reporting. Must maintain a working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Uniform Guidance.
- Administers and provides general supervision over the accounting and reporting activities of government (state, federal & local) and private grants and contracts. Responsible for the reconciling and reporting of all restricted funds.
- Prepares quarterly and annual expenditure reports for all federal and private granting agencies; also prepares monthly expenditure reports for the University community to assure that spending is within budget guidelines.
- Communicates with the University’s Principle Investigators and Accounting departments on matters related to postings in Banner.
- Draws down and invoices funds from granting agencies as indicated in the grant contracts.
- Prepares lead sheets and schedules that assist external audit firms in the Single Audit.
- Oversees the requisition process for all restricted funds.
- Collaborates with the Office of Sponsored Research to ensure that all new and renewed grants and contracts are recorded and set-up properly in the Banner ERP system.
- Monitors and maintains grant budgets in Banner - updating and entering new budgets as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's-degree in Accounting or Business Administration or related field, and
- Two (2) years of professional accounting experience
- At least two (2) years’ experience at an institution of higher education or governmental entity
- At least one (1) year Federal grant experience
- Five (5) years of professional accounting experience
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (official required upon hire)
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction