JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
University Student Assistant - Campus Parking Enforcement Officer - (Fall 2022 - Spring 2023)
Job no: 496002
Work type: University Student Assistant
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Categories: Student Employment
University Police Department
$7.25 (Max 26 hours per week)
Varies, depending on department/University need
The University Student Assistant Campus Parking Enforcement Officer is responsible for the enforcement of University Parking Rules and Regulations. Duties may include the issuing of parking citations to vehicles in violation of University Parking Rules and Regulations, unlocking of car doors and assist motorist upon request, and educating student and visitors to campus of the University Parking Rules and Regulations.
Enrolled as a JSU student taking at least three (3) hours per fall or spring semester
Applicants must attach under “Transcript” an unofficial copy of their student transcript or class registration as evidence of student enrollment and GPA.
Must be 18 years of age, and not been convicted of a felony or crime or moral turpitude.
High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Alabama driver’s license at time of appointment.
- Physical Requirements:
- Employees in this classification will be required to stand and walk for long hours continuously while patrolling the campus on foot or in a vehicle enforcing parking regulations.
- Incumbents will speak and listen to employees, students, co-workers and visitors in all aspects of their job.
- Visual acuity to observe, investigate, monitor and patrol the campus.
- Employee may be required to push automobiles away from traffic scenes or break downs in order to clear roadway.
- Work may require employee to run, bend, stoop, or kneel in performing the job.
- Incumbents must possess the dexterity to use parking enforcement hardware and devices for unlocking car doors.
- Successfully complete extra training such as: Use of force, less lethal, OC-pepper spray.
- Employee should be in good physical shape since the position requires a lot of walking and have a valid driver’s license since; they may need to travel by vehicle to different locations on campus of their assigned patrol area.
Notice Regarding International Students:
- All international student must be in a valid immigration status.
- Due to Visa requirements international students must be enrolled as a full-time JSU student and possess each of the following:
- Passport from their respective country.
- F-1 Student Visa or J-1 Exchange Student Visa.
- U.S. Customs Form I-94.
- Official photo identification.
- Official Social Security Card imprinted with “Valid for Work Only” or similar statement
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act http://clerycenter.org/summary-jeanne-clery act , the Jacksonville State University’s Police provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: www.jsu.edu/police/docs/AnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction