JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Job no: 496424
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance
Normal Work Schedule:
6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday, Call may be required
$11.30 per hour
Performs landscape functions to maintain and improve campus grounds.
- Maintains campus grounds using a variety of hand tools, power tools, vehicles, and other equipment. These include, but are not limited to, shovels, rakes, picks, pruners, string trimmers, edgers, blowers, leaf vacuums, hedge trimmers, chainsaws, pole saws, augers, tillers, trenchers, concrete grinders, ladders, spreaders, chemical sprayers, paint machines, push mowers, riding mowers, reel mowers, trucks, dump trucks, bucket trucks, trailers, tractors, tractor implements, front-end loaders, skid steers, skid steer implements, and fork lifts.
- Performs a variety of duties on campus grounds. These duties include, but are not limited to, mowing, trimming, edging, blowing, pruning, installation and care of shrubs/trees/flowers, disease and pest identification, weed pulling, pesticide applications, fertilizing, seeding, aerifying, topdressing, field painting, sodding, planting, watering, mulching, pine strawing, debris removal, leaf removal, filling holes and low areas, storm water drain cleaning, roof and gutter cleaning, fountain cleaning, asphalt patching, basic irrigation system controls and maintenance, and identifying and correcting general issues and deficiencies.
- Maintains equipment by, but not limited to, checking fluid levels daily, cleaning air filters and radiators daily, checking tire pressure daily, changings fluids and filters, sharpening and changing mower blades, and general routine cleaning of equipment.
- Responsible for completing and maintaining training and certification required within the department and University.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Valid Alabama state driver's license.
- Experience as a groundskeeper or similar work involving high labor demands.
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction