JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Senior Accountant, Athletic Operations
Job no: 496590
Work type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Normal Work Schedule:
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., some evening and weekends required
Anticipated Start Date:
October 16, 2023
The Senior Accountant, Athletic Operations provides support and guidance to the effective use of athletics financial resources by preparing and posting recurring journal entries, reconciling accounts, auditing transactions, and preparing reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews accounting transactions such as travel reimbursements, invoices, check requests, p-card charges, etc.
- Runs, compiles, and distributes various budget and expense reports for the Athletics Department.
- Monitors invoices and payments to schools for guarantees owed to and by JSU.
- Answer questions from staff and coaches, and communicate regularly with JSU Foundation, Accounts Payable, and Procurement.
- Ensures transactions are in compliance with policies, procedures, and business processes.
- Oversees financial tracking and reporting for athletic camps
- Oversees preparation of yearly NCAA Financial Report
- Oversees preparation of EADA report
- Responds to customers with questions or problems related to accounting functions and policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related business field
- At least three (3) years of experience in a professional accounting, budgeting, or related field
- Accounting experience in higher education or governmental setting
- At least five (5) years of experience in a professional accounting, budgeting, or related field
- Experience working in college athletics
- Experience with Ellucian Banner or other enterprise financial management software application
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (official required upon hire)
JSU strives to provide great quality of life to our employees through an attractive, competitive benefits package for our full-time faculty and staff. These benefits enhance your salary as a JSU employee and are part of your total compensation package. Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Alabama Teacher’s Retirement System (TRS)
- RSA-1 Deferred Compensation
- 403-B Retirement Annuity (TIAA)
- Health Insurance
- Medical (PEEHIP)
- Optional plans: vision, dental, flexible spending plan, dependent care, cancer and hospital indemnity
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription assistance
For additional information regarding benefits, please visit our website.
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://www.clerycenter.org/the-clery-act the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction