JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
Graduate Administrative Assistant - Technology Support (Spring - Summer 2024)
Job no: 496671
Work type: Graduate Administrative Assistant
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Categories: Student Employment
Information Technology is seeking a highly motivated and tech-savvy Graduate Assistant to join our Information Technology team. As a Graduate Assistant, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our IT professionals, gaining valuable experience and contributing to the smooth operation of our technology services. If you are passionate about technology, customer service, and eager to build a strong foundation for your IT career, this is the perfect role for you.
FALL, SPRING and SUMMER: Graduate administrative assistants are expected to work 20 hours per week during a fall or spring semester, or a full summer term (May, June and July). Graduate administrative assistants working in the fall or spring semester will receive $2,080, disbursed in four equal monthly payments, or a full summer term, disbursed in three equal monthly payments. Graduate administrative assistants will also receive a fellowship for 6 to 9 hours of graduate coursework for a fall or spring semester, or full summer term and a waiver of the General University Fee.
If you choose to apply for employment as a graduate student at JSU, your transcripts and letters of recommendation will be reviewed by personnel from the units who have posted a graduate administrative assistantship position.
Scholarship: 6-9 graduate semester hours of tuition and the general university fee (maximum of $4,100)
Stipend: Max of $2,640 per semester. $8.25 per hour with a max of 20 hours per week. Student compensation is based on the number of hours worked, and students must clock in and clock out for each shift. Biweekly payroll over the course of the term.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Helpdesk Support:
- Provide friendly and efficient front-line support to faculty, staff, and students, addressing technical inquiries and troubleshooting issues.
- Assist users with common IT problems, including password resets, DUO authentication, and software installations.
- Audio/Visual Equipment Support:
- Assist in the setup and configuration of audio/visual equipment for various events, such as conferences, seminars, and presentations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic AV equipment issues to ensure smooth event execution.
- Inventory and Logistics:
- Maintain accurate inventory records of IT equipment, software licenses, and peripherals.
- Assist in the organization, tracking, and distribution of IT assets, ensuring that they are readily available to meet departmental needs.
- Computer and Equipment Setups:
- Participate in the setup and deployment of new computers and equipment for faculty and staff.
- Ensure that devices are properly configured, updated, and compliant with security protocols.
- Complete office and clerical duties as assigned.
- Operate the department's university vehicle to make equipment deliveries.
Graduate Assistantship Qualifications:
- Must be classified as a degree-seeking graduate student at JSU.
- Must be actively enrolled in a graduate degree program at JSU during the assistantship semester.
- If a new student, must be admitted to a degree program.
- Must be actively enrolled in required coursework towards the degree. The Graduate Assistantship will not pay for courses that are not in the degree program plan of study/checklist.
Note: If a student is classified as a graduate student and is required to take undergraduate courses for the graduate degree (foundation courses, undergraduate deficiency courses, etc.), the Graduate Assistantship will only pay for these courses if they are documented as required courses via memo from the student’s advisor to the Director of Graduate Studies.
- Must hold the minimum required GPA for the student’s enrolled degree program.
- During the assistantship semester, must be enrolled at JSU in six to nine (6-9) graduate semester hours in a fall or spring semester or six to nine (6-9) graduate semester hours in a full summer term. (Full summer term = May, June, and July). An exception to this requirement may be made by the Director of Graduate Studies, under the following circumstances:
If a student is classified as a graduate student and is required to take undergraduate courses for a graduate degree (foundation courses, undergraduate deficiency courses, etc.). The Graduate Assistantship will only pay for these courses if they are documented as required courses via memo from the student’s advisor to the Director of Graduate Studies.
- If a student has made satisfactory progress toward obtaining the graduate degree and needs fewer than six (6) graduate semester hours available to complete the degree, the student may be considered for an assistantship.
Notice Regarding International Students:
- All International Students must be in a valid immigration status.
- Due to Visa requirements international students must be enrolled as a full-time JSU student and possess each of the following:
a. Passport from their respective country.
b. F-1 Student Visa or J-1 Exchange Student Visa.
c. U.S. Customs Form I-94.
d. Official photo identification.
e. Official Social Security Card imprinted with “Valid for Work Only” or similar statement.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://www.clerycenter.org/the-clery-act the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction