The duties of the University Student Aid are to obtain work experience on campus in offices, labs, gym, the library, and other areas. Duties may include assisting staff and faculty with preparation for research, classroom instruction, departmental operational needs, or performing administrative and other support duties as required.
The Communication Lab Assistant must have regular posted work hours (25/week) when they are available to help students with the following:
1. Check out camera and other equipment to students for limited times using the software set-up to document all pertinent check in/check out information.
2. Manage access to our video and audio editing suites, including making sure that access is fairly allocated.
3. Keep regular hours (the days and duration of which they will help set).
4. Post their office hours and contract information in Self Hall.
5. Make their access known to students through text and voice calls during the assigned hours.
6. Assist the audio and video professors (Dr. J. Patrick McGrail, Mr. Bobby Mike and others) with tutoring students on how to record and edit audio and video.
7. Ensure security of rooms when you leave by pulling all doors shut and locking them.
8. Adheres to all department and University policies and procedures
Positions may be filled based on individual applicants’ skills, qualifications, and departmental needs.
Adheres to all department and University policies and procedures.