JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
University Student Assistant - jsuRIDE Team Member (Spring 2024)
Job no: 496800
Work type: University Student Assistant
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Categories: Student Employment
$8.25 per hour (Max 26 hours per week)
As part of the jsuRIDE team, you will play a significant role in helping the campus community succeed each semester. This is a fast-paced role and requires attention to detail. Duties will include picking up students, faculty and staff at their requested time, managing ride requests, providing general appearance checks to the jsuRIDE fleet vehicles and any other duties as assigned.
Positions may be filled based on individual applicants’ skills, qualifications, and departmental needs.
Adheres to all department and University policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Picking up students, faculty, and staff at their requested time
- Manage ride requests
- Provide general appearance checks to the jsuRIDE fleet vehicles
- Additional duties as assigned by the department
- Applicants must be enrolled as a JSU student taking at least three (3) hours per fall or spring semester. (Requirements for international students below. *)
- If not a first-time student, the applicant must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Must have completed 1 full semester at JSU
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must work well as part of a team
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Must be able to work under varying weather conditions, such as hot and cold temperatures
- Selected applicants must provide evidence of student enrollment and GPA (unofficial transcript or printout of enrollment/GPA from MyJSU.
Notice Regarding International Students:
- All international students must be in a valid immigration status.
- Due to Visa requirements international students must be enrolled as a full-time JSU student and possess each of the following:
- Passport from their respective country.
- F-1 Student Visa or J-1 Exchange Student Visa.
- U.S. Customs Form I-94.
- Official photo identification.
- Official Social Security Card imprinted with “Valid for Work Only” or similar statement
- Must Possess a current U.S. Driver’s License
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://www.clerycenter.org/the-clery-act the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Standard Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction