JSU has created innovative policies and programs that give our employees the freedom to focus on their families while advancing their careers.
Our policies also recognize the changing definitions of family - from blended families, adopted families, and same-sex domestic partnerships, to the demands of caring for aging parents.
University Student Assistant - Assistant Residence Life Coordinator (Spring 2024)
Job no: 496387
Work type: University Student Assistant
Location: Jacksonville (Main Campus)
Categories: Student Employment
Residence Life Administration
$8.25 per hour, maximum of 26 hours per week
Normal Work Schedule:
The University Student Assistant/Assistant Residence Life Coordinator position is a 12 month live on graduate student staff position with Housing Operations and Residence Life. This position reports directly to the Residence Life Coordinator, Director of Residence Life, or Director of Housing Operations.
The responsibilities of this position includes assisting the direct supervisor in community development initiatives, encouraging a positive living environment for residents, special projects, assisting with events such as but not limited to preview day, reporting and filing, move-in, on-call responsibilities, training, supervision of students, residence life activities, programs, and special task.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a JSU student taking at least three (3) hours per fall or spring semester. (Requirements for international students below.*)
- If not a first time student, applicant must have a GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Selected applicants must provide evidence of student enrollment and GPA (unofficial transcript or printout of enrollment/GPA from MyJSU.
Notice Regarding International Students:
- All international students must be in a valid immigration status.
- Due to Visa requirements international students must be enrolled as a full-time JSU student and possess each of the following:
- Passport from their respective country.
- F-1 Student Visa or J-1 Exchange Student Visa.
- U.S. Customs Form I-94.
- Official photo identification.
Official Social Security Card imprinted with “Valid for Work Only” or similar statement
- Demonstrate evidence of leadership and managerial skills.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and implement residence hall developmental programming.
- Show strong administrative skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact and work well with staff and students of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with student groups and committees.
- Exemplify personal integrity and professional behaviors in all areas.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts or proof of enrollment
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Powered by PageUp
If you wish to complete your submission, view your offer online and/or complete your online induction